Erin Tanner Jospe
Hello and thank you for visiting Mindful Stridz.
I am a licensed professional counselor, Equine Gestalt Coach and certified mindfulness meditation teacher. I have been in the field of psychology and stress reduction since 1998. Over the past 20 years, I have taught yoga and have been a bodyworker in both Los Angeles, California and Boulder, Colorado. My graduate degrees are in Movement Education/Dance Therapy from UCLA and Counseling Psychology from Naropa University. After graduate school, I worked with youth and parents as a social and emotional learning facilitator, play therapist and school counselor. I was an individual and family counselor for the Healing Circles Program at TRU Community Care, and facilitated the kids equine grief programs and the grief camp, Camp Erin, as well as, co-facilitating grief trainings for professionals in the community. Currently, I am the school counselor and social-emotional director at The Watershed School in Boulder which is from 6-12th grade.
Over the past 10 years I have been teaching MBSR courses, and created the Renew Mama Mindfulness Program to help ease the stress of parenting and motherhood. I developed the mindfulness and horses day-longs and weekend retreats, which ties into my work as an Equine Gestalt Coach. Part of my education in this area is recently completing a 2-year meditation teacher training program with Jack Kornfield and Tara Brach.
The focus of my practice is working with women in the areas of grief/loss, postpartum wellness, motherhood, and reducing stress/anxiety. I also work with kids and teens.
I live in the Longmont area and am passionate about dance, crafts and art, nature, backyard homesteading, my two boys, animals and horses. And of course, Oprah and Brene Brown!
Contact me to schedule a complimentary meet and greet. I look forward to meeting you.
- MA Naropa University, 2005
- MA UCLA - Movement Education, 2000
- Mindfulness-Basd Stress Reduction - Jon Kabat-Zinn | Saki Santorelli
- MBSR Teachers Retreat - 2010 - Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Sensorimotor Institute Certification - Trauma, Somatic Psychology
- Yoga Teacher Training - YogaWorks, CA 1996
- Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy - 2-year training 2005
- Massage Therapy Training - IPSB, LA, 1996
- On-going Bodywork Trainings 1996-2000
- Eagala Equine Certification - Level 1 and 2
- School of Lost Borders 1-Month Rites of Passage Guide Training 2004
- Experiential Play Therapist
- Center for Council Training- Levels 1 and 2
Erin Tanner Jospe, MA, LPC, RYT
RCST© Director & Therapist
- Chris C, Carbondale, CO
- Vivian T, Ecscondio, CA
- Alice G, Santa Fe, NM